We are aware that you may have concerns over disclosing information about yourself to us.
This Privacy Statement explains, amongst other things, what information we collect about you on this website and the reasons for this.
Our primary aim in collecting personal information is to provide you with a customised experience on our website (aiming to show you information that is relevant to you) and to provide you with information you have asked for e.g. fund information.
We also collect information for statistical purposes and, where agreed by you, to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
Information we collect
- Log file information, including IP addresses. You can visit public areas of the site without identifying yourself or providing any personal information
- Tracking IP addresses (the computer’s internet address)
- Monitoring how long a user spends on the site and which pages he/she visits – this helps us evaluate the use of different parts of the website
As a rule, we don’t link IP addresses to anything that can identify you personally, ensuring you can remain anonymous. Nevertheless, we will attempt to use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to protect our services and other users.
Any personal data relating to you gathered by us in the registration process or during your use of the service will be recorded and only be used in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
- The website uses various order and registration forms to enable you to request information, products and services.
- In some cases you will need to provide us with information such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address and password.
Any personal data we collect during registration or otherwise is designed to allow us to:
- personalise the site for you
- give you access to, and to provide you with, the right kinds of information related to your enquiry
- enable us to compile statistical information for regulatory or business purposes
- send, or call you about our products and services that may be of interest to you. (We will only provide you with such marketing information with your prior agreement)
If you register, request further information or contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and incorporate the information it contains into our database(s), which we will keep secure in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
We will not transfer your personal data to any third parties unless:
- we have your consent to do so
- the third party is our subcontractor or a member of our group of companies, who is processing personal data on our behalf securely and in accordance with our instructions or
- it is otherwise authorised under the Data Protection Act
- Internet security
Access to certain areas of the site is limited to specific registered user groups only. Registering as an accepted applicant or active is restricted; we will verify your status before granting a user account of this type. If your status changes then your user account may be withdrawn or downgraded to ‘general visitor’ without further notice.
Whilst we do not directly track or record your usage of this website, in the event that we become aware that site security has been compromised as a result of external activity (including but not limited to external security attacks) we shall take reasonable measures which we deem appropriate. This includes but is not limited to internal investigation and reporting, and notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities.
Third party sites
Enquiries on Data Protection policy may be addressed to Welcome@HOMRe.co.uk